Help please. Encode WMA with EAC?
Feb 2, 2004 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Barry

100+ Head-Fier
I know that WMA is not the most popular format on this board, but to me it sounds better than MP3 and uses less battery than Ogg.

I have been trying to encode WMA using EAC. I understand the compression options, but EAC stops when it has ripped the tracks and saves them as WAV. And not recode to WMA. I have WMP9 on my machine and somehow thought that EAC would find the codec. Seems not to be so.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Feb 2, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 7
EAC wont "find" the encoder...you will have to link to the encoder

Feb 2, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried to steer EAC to the encoder, but when I went into my WMP9 folder, EAC could not find anything to find. It must be there someplace, I know. But damned if I can find it. What is it called? Could it be anyplace else on the computer? I am sure that when I find the answer I will know for sure that I should have known it from the start, but right now.......

Barry

Feb 2, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 7
I did not. Can you tell me how?

Feb 2, 2004 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 7
Barry:

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../default.aspx. Download the Windows Media 9 Professional Encoder software. Install it on your HDD. You will need to run the EAC program to rip your Red Book CDs onto a directory on your HDD; make sure you rip individual tracks in numerical order so your songs are not out of place. Furthermore, make sure you create the appropriate directories to place your ripped tracks. Run the Windows Media Encoder and play around with the options. You should be able to select the files you just ripped into your specified directory on your HDD for encoding via WMP9 Professional. Let it do its' thing. I hope this works because this is the first time I'm going to be testing it myself. I'll try my best to get this thing handled well because I want to create DVD + / - R/RW discs jam packed with WMA encoded songs to use with my Pioneer Elite DV59-AVi (which will come sometime this week). I'll keep you updated!

Feb 2, 2004 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 7
If you have everything installed correctly (the encoders, I mean) you should be able to select WMP9 in the Compression Options box. If it's not there, use this as an external encoder:

external encoder:
D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cscript.exe

commandline options:
"D:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" -input %s -output %d -author "%a" -title "%t" -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_setting Q100_44_2_16 -a_mode 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back