HELP Please....connection
Nov 23, 2008 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SundayDuffer

100+ Head-Fier
Ok..just received the creek at the front door.

I am puzzled...dont know where to hook this up...unless i bypass my preamp.

My current hookup.

Poweramp--->Preamp---->CD Player

Where does the Headphone Amp fit in?

Any tips would be helpful. Thankyou.
SD

ps..my preamp still has lots of empty source inputs...

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 9
Not to be too picky, but if we're talking about how the signal flows, it is probably: CD Player-->Preamp-->Poweramp-->Speakers

It would probably help if you gave more specifics about what brand/model of preamp & headphone amp you have. In general, your headphone amp probably has line-level input, and you can either go directly from your CD player to the headphone amp or from the output of the preamp to the headphone amp. Most people would probably say that the less electronics in the signal path the better, but you have to live with your system, so you could try it both ways and decide for yourself.

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to be too picky, but if we're talking about how the signal flows, it is probably: CD Player-->Preamp-->Poweramp-->Speakers

It would probably help if you gave more specifics about what brand/model of preamp & headphone amp you have. In general, your headphone amp probably has line-level input, and you can either go directly from your CD player to the headphone amp or from the output of the preamp to the headphone amp. Most people would probably say that the less electronics in the signal path the better, but you have to live with your system, so you could try it both ways and decide for yourself.

Thankyou.
I know...the less path the better..But i have found two solutions.

1) On my Sunfire Tube Preamp, there is an Tape Output..and that's where the HeadAmp hooks up to...this is to use my SCD777es as a source.

2) On my Shanling SCD-T200 SACD player, it has a headphone jack directly on it.

Overall, it works out great..i get to enjoy which ever source i want.

Thanks for the suggestion.
SD

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #4 of 9
Your SCD-T200 has 2 analog outputs right? Connect one to your preamp and the other to your headphone amp

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #5 of 9
It fit in parallel with the Poweramp, after the Preamp
Code:

Code:
[left]Poweramp--->Preamp---->CD Player | Headamp---[/left]

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your SCD-T200 has 2 analog outputs right? Connect one to your preamp and the other to your headphone amp

Yes..that is correct...that's my 3rd solution.

But

Would it be better just to connect the headphone directly to the Shanling? i can control the volume with the remote control.

I'll test all the route and will see which ways i like it best.

thankyou.

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It fit in parallel with the Poweramp, after the Preamp
Code:

Code:
[left]Poweramp--->Preamp---->CD Player | Headamp---[/left]

I see....that's my 4th solution..
You guys are great...very helpful. thankyou.

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #8 of 9
You're most welcome!
smile.gif

Just try out the different connection options, and stick with the one you favor the most. Ether for sound quality, easy operation, or whatever.

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #9 of 9
Sunfire Tape Out might be a good solution since you will be using the volume on the headphone amp. Or if you use one of the standard Pre-Outs then you can use your Sunfire remote for volume on your headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back