Help please - can't access Steve Hoffman forum here in the UK
Sep 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

adriatikfan

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. Anyone else having this problem?

Went as normal to my bookmark link for Stevehoffman.tv and get redirected to a 'broadband' telephone front page with a picture of a smiling young woman on the right.

If I try to link through the steve hoffman info site Steve Hoffman Info Site | Home the same thing happens.

Anyone know what's going on?

Best Wishes
David

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 19
Same is happening here in the US. Talk about timing; the forum was set to EXPLODE tomorrow when The Beatles Remasters are released. I guess that baby was premature and it happened today... either that or Steve didn't pay his bill!
popcorn.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 19
Thanks - that's a relief in one sense to know. But why that link? The only time I've encountered this before is when domain names have been 'hijacked' for financial gain.

Best Wishes
David

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 19
Same from Germany... And right when i wanted to get my daily Beatles Remaster fix....

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 19
Sep 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #9 of 19
no, I still can't using the domaine name and I'm in the US.

Sep 8, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #10 of 19
[root@xxxxxxxxx ~]# dig www.SteveHoffman.tv

; <<>> DiG 9.2.5 <<>> www.SteveHoffman.tv
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 27129
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.SteveHoffman.tv. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.SteveHoffman.tv. 3275 IN CNAME stevehoffman.tv.
stevehoffman.tv. 3275 IN A 66.39.28.179

;; Query time: 10 msec
;; SERVER: x.x.x.x#53(x.x.x.x)
;; WHEN: Tue Sep 8 11:31:06 2009
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 67

It's possible the record was hijacked or a poisoning propagated to some name servers, mine shows correct, as is my upstream.

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #15 of 19
It down. Thank god. I thought we were obsessive here, but those guys are INSANE. I've never heard such Beatles trivia/triviality in my life until I started reading the remasters thread. Some of those "Beatle historians" are worse than the worst Star Wars fans. Example: "Well, in 1981 Stan Jones said he used wire-wound plugs on George's amps and that meant bright gain which you can hear behind the back beat of She's A Woman in the Japanese pressing of the 1987 remaster...." It's sick. Actually, kinda turned me off the new remasters although I'm a huge Beatles fan. When I start hearing remasters VS. Black Triangle pressings comparisons, its reminds me of the diminishing returns on audiophile gains and makes me begin doubting even investing in new discs. Some of those guys really need to get a life. I'm all for devoted audio and music pursuits, but there comes a point where you're just being ridiculous.... to the point of cliched obsessiveness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back