help please: beyer dt48e problem
Aug 31, 2009 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sizwej

100+ Head-Fier
Please help a newb out.Ever since i got dt48e, i've noticed that after prolonged listening or at moderately high volumes, the sound distorts in the right earpiece.My initial thought was that it might have to do with the low impedance of the headphones (25ohms) not matching the impedance range of my little dot MKV (32-600ohms).My apologies if that doesnt make sense, but i dont know what else it could be.

I was thinking of getting an impedance adapter, but i figured I'd ask here first and get some suggestions.Any help would be appreciated.

Aug 31, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by sizwej /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please help a newb out.Ever since i got dt48e, i've noticed that after prolonged listening or at moderately high volumes, the sound distorts in the right earpiece.My initial thought was that it might have to do with the low impedance of the headphones (25ohms) not matching the impedance range of my little dot MKV (32-600ohms).My apologies if that doesnt make sense, but i dont know what else it could be.

I was thinking of getting an impedance adapter, but i figured I'd ask here first and get some suggestions.Any help would be appreciated.

That can be it.. I never read of any driver problems in regards to the DT48, but there must be some out there.. They are very volume sensitive, more then any headphone I ever owned.. But, if it's only effecting one side, it sounds like a driver problem, or a hair stuck in the driver?

Aug 31, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That can be it.. I never read of any driver problems in regards to the DT48, but there must be some out there.. They are very volume sensitive, more then any headphone I ever owned.. But, if it's only effecting one side, it sounds like a driver problem, or a hair stuck in the driver?

I want to check to see if there is any hair stuck inside, but how do i open these darn things up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back