[Help Please] Advice on picking my next under $150 IEM
May 11, 2015 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zoezeo

New Head-Fier
I currently own several IEMs and headphones but I'm now looking for my 2015 IEM purchase. Do you have any advise on which IEM will suit me better?

Some of the IEMs I currently own include:

1. Ultimate Ears TF10.
Sound quality/signature wise I think this is currently the best pair of IEMs I own. However, they can be uncomfortable at times since they are rather large and I don't use them very frequently as a result.

2. Ultimate Ears 500
Sounds like an inferior TF10, but more comfortable. Rarely used since the X10 is superior in practically all aspects.

3. Klipsch Image X10
Good bass and very comfortable, my most frequently utilized IEM. However it seems to lack clarity and high end compared to the TF10. Just feels like something is missing.

4. Klipsch Image S4
Similar sound signature to X10 but it is much less refined. The IEM I use when I'm worried about breaking the X10.

5. Head-Direct RE2
Surprising sound clarity, very comfortable. Too bad the bass is relatively weak. I occasionally use this IEM when I'm tired of the overly bassy and muffled X10.

Ultimately I'm now searching for an IEM that would have the clarity surpassing the RE2 and with bass approaching the X10. Alternatively I would also consider something with a sound signature similar to the TF10 if it was much more comfortable.

I was considering the RE-400 but I heard from multiple reviews that the build quality was really bad. Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

May 11, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 3
I currently own several IEMs and headphones but I'm now looking for my 2015 IEM purchase. Do you have any advise on which IEM will suit me better?

Some of the IEMs I currently own include:

1. Ultimate Ears TF10.
Sound quality/signature wise I think this is currently the best pair of IEMs I own. However, they can be uncomfortable at times since they are rather large and I don't use them very frequently as a result.

2. Ultimate Ears 500
Sounds like an inferior TF10, but more comfortable. Rarely used since the X10 is superior in practically all aspects.

3. Klipsch Image X10
Good bass and very comfortable, my most frequently utilized IEM. However it seems to lack clarity and high end compared to the TF10. Just feels like something is missing.

4. Klipsch Image S4
Similar sound signature to X10 but it is much less refined. The IEM I use when I'm worried about breaking the X10.

5. Head-Direct RE2
Surprising sound clarity, very comfortable. Too bad the bass is relatively weak. I occasionally use this IEM when I'm tired of the overly bassy and muffled X10.

Ultimately I'm now searching for an IEM that would have the clarity surpassing the RE2 and with bass approaching the X10. Alternatively I would also consider something with a sound signature similar to the TF10 if it was much more comfortable.

I was considering the RE-400 but I heard from multiple reviews that the build quality was really bad. Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Gr07 bass edition

Rha 750

Yamaha eph 100

I have the re 400 it's a good iem but might not fit your need they do tend to shock my ear sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back