HELP! Pimeta with NeoMini Buffer V1.5
Jun 4, 2008 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

precsmo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi to all gurus, I'm very keen to try this Taiwanese designed buffers and it was claimed officially that it can replace buf634. But I'm kind of stucked here of how to hook these buffers to my Pimeta? I really hope someone can advice me what I should do. I apologize in advanced if this topic had been posted before, but I've tried to search everywhere, I can't find any. Kindly refer to this buffer schematics and some attached pictures. And these buffers are inexpensive and can be ordered here: http://www.hohodiy.com/index.aspx?act=p&pid=263

well, my question are:

1. it was mentioned that these buffers were designed for dual voltage power supply, and the Pimeta has the virtual dual voltage power supply, so, it should work right?

2. it is about the R11 resistor value in the Pimeta, for now my Pimeta is with 2 stacks buffers for the channel buffers, which mean the R11 value is at 100omh. And how should I distinguish the new value for the NeoMini Buffer.

3. and most importantly, where can i start getting hints of from where to where should I hook this buffers to?

I'm really interested to take the possibility to try these buffers with my Pimeta!

Oh, I've forgotten to mention, the initial kits of this buffer is packaged for 15V~20V power setting, and it can be tweaked for 9V~15V and 20V~24V.

Jun 4, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by precsmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it should work right?

Yes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

it is about the R11 resistor value in the Pimeta, for now my Pimeta is with 2 stacks buffers for the channel buffers, which mean the R11 value is at 100omh. And how should I distinguish the new value for the NeoMini Buffer.

You'd take R11 out when using this buffer. It has a different method of changing its bias points, which should be covered in its docs. (I haven't looked.)

Quote:

where can i start getting hints of from where to where should I hook this buffers to?

The DIY buffer schematic you posted shows only 5 distinct connections. 4 of them correspond to 4 of the 5 connections shown for the BUF634: IN, OUT, V+ (+Vcc) and V- (-Vcc). The BW pin on the BUF634 side doesn't connect to anything in the DIY buffer. All the GND pins on the DIY buffer should probably go to OG on the PIMETA, but I'm not certain.

Where there are multiple connections of a given name on the DIY buffer side, I think you want to run a separate wire for each of them to the PIMETA board. I don't know, but I suspect they did this to make the PCB routing easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back