Help picking up a second dac...
Mar 29, 2024 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sideways

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently running a Bifrost2 MB as a main dac but I need to pick up a second option for my other system.

I have a couple multibit options on the used market here... an OG Bifrost and the Modi2.

Optical would be the main source. I really would not like to spend the same cash on this one as I did with the BF2!

Input? Suggestions otherwise?

Thanks

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 5
The best value with no hitter penalty for optical are the Topping E50 or the 5 volt SMSL D-6S. Had both and they work great. The SMSL DL200 is also 5 volt out, I have a Topping A70Pro sitting on it since it's wide enough to fit perfectly in a stack. No use paying more than $200 for a DAC these days, the technology has gotten so good.

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 5
..... No use paying more than $200 for a DAC these days, the technology has gotten so good.
Many Head-Fiers will agree, many Head-Fiers will disagree with the above statement -- which, after all, is an opinion. Oh, "so good" at what? Achieving phenomenal specifications? Sounding like music? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm currently running a Bifrost2 MB as a main dac but I need to pick up a second option for my other system.

I have a couple multibit options on the used market here... an OG Bifrost and the Modi2.

Optical would be the main source. I really would not like to spend the same cash on this one as I did with the BF2!

Input? Suggestions otherwise?

Thanks

Why do you want another DAC? Or put another way, if there was something you could change about the Bifrost2, what would it be?

Apr 1, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 5
You might want to check some of FiiO's products such as the K9 Pro or K7. Probably give you a little different sound. Has quite a few different input options. I've enjoyed my FiiO amp/dacs. I will admit that I have limited time listening to other amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back