Help: Picking out IEM tips
Jun 2, 2019 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tim Le

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

Today I hope to get a discussion regarding your favorite tips, as well as finding a recommendation for myself :)

Throughout my journey, I've found that tips have always been the cheapest and easiest ways to slightly alter the sound signature of your IEM. I've recently reentered the IEM game, and I'm wondering if there are any new recommended IEM tips (and a bit of information on how they alter sound).

I've been reading some of the popular IEM threads, and it seems like the most popular tips are the following:

-Comply Foam Tips
-Spinfits
-JVC Spiral Dot
-Symbio Mandarin
-Final E Tips
-Symbio Mandrain Peel

Could anyone who's had the opportunity to compare all the tips offer some input on how they all alter the sound? Thanks in advance!

And if you have a tip that I didn't mention above, please let me know :)

Jun 3, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 4
It also depends on the IEM in question.

I haven’t found any silicone tips that I like - prefer foams (Shure’s own, Campfire’s, Comply). Tend to give the most solid bass and best isolation for my ears. The Final E tips isolated a little less and thus slightly less bass, and with the heavier IEM (Campfire Andro) they shift a bit too much for my taste. Haven’t tried spiral dots, spinfits or Mandarins. The Mandarins are the only ones I’m still curious about.

Jun 3, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 4
30E5D455-D0C3-4F4D-B5FC-EF1B3492894C.jpeg Tip placement IS the definitive missing link between IEM fit and IEM fit failure. Compounded with allowing each member to reach the best sound possible for an IEM.

My favorites are Sony black Hybrid tips, and the new Sony Silicone tips.
Spin-fits I thought lost their form after a while?
https://www.patnotebook.com/sony-epex10ablk-hybrid-replacement-earbuds/

And while this link shows good pictures of the originals, it sadly links to purchase remakes of the original?

When ordering make sure they’ve not Triple Comfort Tips, a whole different thing.

Here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001UE6PBI/ref=psdcmw_1591690031_t2_B00D4DQDYC

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back