Help picking out a new set + question regarding Itouch 5th generation
Aug 29, 2013 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Tekniqs

New Head-Fier
So to start off, question regarding the Itouch 5th gen with it's lightning connector.  I was thinking about buying the adapter so I can still use my 30pin LOD and connect it to my portable amp BUT just read a thread on here that said the itouch 5th gen sounds "clean" already that adding an LOD wouldn't make much of a difference when compared to simply "double amping" it where the amp is connected to the headphone jack on the Itouch. (holy hell run on sentence, Batman).  Is this true?

And for the main question, can someone point me in the right direction toward a CLOSED set of headphones.  I'm gonna have around a $300 budget (or $250 + fiio e11 if it needs some amp help).  Preferred that it will sound GREAT straight out of the Itouch but feel free to recommend something that needs a little help to drive as well.  I listen to a variety of genres such as soft rock, alternatives, vocals, but the bulk of my music is hiphop.  

I was thinking about taking the plunge and buying some denon d2000 but still debating.

Thanks!

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm assuming you need some headphones that are portable?
JVC -HA-S500 folding closed headphones, under $60, will not need to be used with a head amp.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Hello!

The iTouch 5 indeed itself have decent amp/dac to drive most closed headphones at that price range [excluding the MadDogs]. If you do not mind a little bit on-ear feeling, the Sennheiser Momentum OVER Ear will do, if not, the Sony MDR-1R are awesome for your genre as well!

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 6
The lightning to 30 pin has a DAC built in, probably of bad quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back