Help picking cheap comfortable closed phones
Oct 4, 2006 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bionomic555

New Head-Fier
I'm a newbie looking for some headphones under 40(i know, cheap....) that are very comfortable, closed and Circumaural if possible. I own a px 100 and they are great but i would like to find something a bit more comfortable and that wont leak so much sound...
thanks

Oct 4, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 12
hd201's are a good choice if you are not looking for a lot of bass, if you want bass for hiphop or dance music, then try the Senn. HD212's

Oct 5, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #7 of 12
The HD201 wants a little more power than an ordinary soundcard or portable will supply. It'll never be a bass monster, but a little extra juice can be the difference between the HD201 sounding thin and it sounding like a really pretty darn good headphone. You don't need to spend a lot -- a TBAAM* drives it quite well, and a CMoy or equivalent probably would too -- but if you get the HD201, do be sure you're giving it enough power.

*Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro, ~$25 USB soundcard

Oct 5, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #9 of 12
If you can cope with the idea of opening them up and putting in a couple dabs of superglue to stop rattles (where they failed to properly glue the drivers to the case), you might want to get the Koss A130's from the Koss ebay store. They'll be $37 delivered. I can't believe how good they sound for $25+shipping, it's really rather amazing. Comfortable too.

Order a pair of KSC-55's while you're at it for another $5. Ask them to do it, and they'll put them in the same box for zero additional shipping.

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #11 of 12
I got my Audio Technica ATH-m40df on ebay for $28 with shipping, and they came in great condition.

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by russdog
If you can cope with the idea of opening them up and putting in a couple dabs of superglue to stop rattles (where they failed to properly glue the drivers to the case), you might want to get the Koss A130's from the Koss ebay store. They'll be $37 delivered. I can't believe how good they sound for $25+shipping, it's really rather amazing. Comfortable too.

QFT. Wonderful cans for the price. Mine do not have the loose driver problem either...

Ply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back