help picking between klipsch image S4 or custom 2
Sep 23, 2009 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

metabaron

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I am new to these forums but I registered because I need help picking among new earphones. I used to have Shure SE 110 until the extension cable got damaged, so I decided to upgrade to the SE 210. After having those for 9 months I have come to the conclusion that they simply are not for me 9. I have very sensitive ears, and after about an hour of use the SE 210 become unbearable for me. So I have decided to sell my Se 210, and buy either the new Klipsch Image S4 or the custom 2. I have rad positive reviews for both of them, but since I can get both for about the same price, I would like to get the oppinion of people who have experience with both of them. The ares that I am interested in are:
-Comfort
-Quality
-Durability
-Sound
Thanks.

I also would like to know how the isolation compares to Shure headphones? That was always one of the positives of the Shure, great isolation.

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Are you only considering one or the other? Because if comfort is #1, I highly recommend the X10. Yes, it's pricier, but oh-so-worth it to me (my ear canals are tiny tiny). I wear them literally all day at work, and never get tired of them.

If I had to pick between the 2 you mentioned, I'd go with the S4.

Oct 1, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 6
I leaning towards the S4 now, I already have the x10 as my personal time headphones, but I want to get the S4 for everyday activity. the only thing that worries me about them is that the cables seem to be very fragile. How do they stand to use? I know that they are relatively new in the market, but I would like to know if the cable is going to be an issue for me.

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 6
I also want to know where i can get one of those metal cases that come with the S4? I am pretty dissapointed that my S4i didn't come with one, since it is a pricier product (but the remote was a deal maker for me) and instead came with that lame pouch. For $100, it should come with one.

Oct 5, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by metabaron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also want to know where i can get one of those metal cases that come with the S4? I am pretty dissapointed that my S4i didn't come with one, since it is a pricier product (but the remote was a deal maker for me) and instead came with that lame pouch. For $100, it should come with one.

Yes, I recently picked up the S4i and was disappointed the more expensive phone came with a cheaper case. The metal case seemed very well suited for these phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back