Help picking a Closed Headphone for work
Apr 16, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #19 of 20
I've been using the ESW10JPNs at work for over a year now and they are literally perfect for an office environment. They are very compact and don't look as ridiculous to others in the office as a full sized headphone. After getting used to them they are extremely comfortable for hours on end. As for isolation, they don't isolate too well, which is a good thing when other want to talk to you or if your phone rings. The best part though is that they have very minimal leakage; I blast my music sometimes and nobody can hear what I'm listening to. I used to have a P-51 portable amp driving them, but got rid of it and play through my 4G iPod nano and sounds just as good and now less office coworkers ask what the heck is attached to my ipod. As for the sound, you probably have read a lot about them so I don't need to reiterate how great they are (hint: amazing mids!)

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do check out the AKG K271 mk2, it's quite good. It definitely doesn't have a ton of bass, but what's there sounds very tight. It isolates quite decently, too (much to the chagrin of my family >.>) and I thought it was pretty comfy.

I used to use the K271 at work but I got tired of people hitting me or poking me or waving their hands in my face to get my attention.

They do leak (especially with the velour) and the isolation isn't the best, but even with my home rig my roommate couldn't hear it until I was at a volume I was uncomfortable with (read: in pain).

But to warn you they're big and picky with amps (don't let the low impedance fool you). Still I love them and the detachable cables.
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back