HElp picking 6922/6dj8 Tubes
May 1, 2004 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 10
Do a little reading here. It's well worth the effort.
biggrin.gif

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/faq...ubes.html#6DJ8

May 1, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #3 of 10
Any tips on removing tubes from amps? I tried to pull my 6922 tubes out but couldn't.
frown.gif
Scared that tubes would brake if I pulled on them with more force. There's some black plastic/rubber stuff on lower part of the tube. I believe those are there to dampen the tubes. Do I have to remove those first? If so, how?

May 1, 2004 at 8:20 AM Post #4 of 10
Roll them slightly in a small, tight circle, pulling them straight up all the time. It would be VERY hard to break one of these tubes as the tube sockets hold tightly, but not that tightly. If you carefully roll the tube in a small ciurcle and pull it should come out quite easily. I've had a few tubes not want to come out, but they never broke once.

Also, make sure the tube and socket are cool, which may help with lowering the thermal expansion and allowing the tube to slide out easier.

May 1, 2004 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
Also, make sure the tube and socket are cool, which may help with lowering the thermal expansion and allowing the tube to slide out easier.

Thanks. That might be it.

May 1, 2004 at 8:40 AM Post #6 of 10
Let us know if it works. If it doesn't we'll try and come up with some other ideas.

May 1, 2004 at 9:21 AM Post #7 of 10
It worked. Thanks Serving. Whoever said tuberolling is fun is lying.
tongue.gif
My X-Can will likely be my last tube amp unless tube amps impresses me over SS amps at LA meet.

My MF X-Can V3 tube info:
JAN 6922
Philips ECG
34167 USA

ADW

May 1, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 10
Glad to hear that everything worked out. Tuberolling is quite fun, you just need to get over the fear and learn how to swap tubes out quickly and easily.

May 1, 2004 at 9:26 PM Post #10 of 10
I found Siemens boxed, made by Philips ECG 7308 steel pin USA for $100 pair. Is that a good deal? Audiogon review said above tubes are good and my limit is $100. It wouldn't make sense to spend more than that when my amp is only $400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back