Help out a noob with some headphone buying (In New Zealand)
Dec 26, 2008 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

paperX

New Head-Fier
Hi guys! Totally newb here so be easy on me.

I'm looking to buy a pair of headphones for portability but wouldn't mind using them at home also. At the moment I'm using a Koss KSC75 with my iPod Classic 80gb, but would really like to replace them with something as the clips keep falling off and the discomfort factor as I wear glasses.

I had a look around but it seems everyone here mostly talk about In-Ear Monitors which I'm not really that great of a fan of as previous ones I've used never felt all that comfortable.

I'm kinda really short on cash so something around $60us dollars would probably be my budget.

Would love something thats decent at blocking out background noise as I listen to music on the bus quite a lot.

Kinda interested something like:these and
these collapsible ones, but I have no idea what the sound quality is like on them...

Also, I had a look around and there doesn't seem to be many places I can get the headphones I'm interested in for a reasonable price here in New Zealand, I was wondering if you guys could suggest some online sites that I can order some for a good price without blowing too much extra on shipping?

sorry for the bother, thanks in advance guys
biggrin.gif

PS: I know about the PX100, technically it should be perfect for me but I'm not really convinced about its form factor (looks a bit flimsy). Planning on trying a Fiio E5 amp to give things a bit more oomph too so just as a side thing,any headphones that work well with the thing would be great
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 2
No one? By the looks of things I'm posting in the wrong section?
confused_face(1).gif

bumping this a bit....seems like everyone's more interested in IEM here...I guess I'll try my luck over at full-size subforum tomorrow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back