Help out a Canadian? Philips DVD963SA
Jul 24, 2003 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

guerph

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there.
It seems that I will be unable to find a Canadian dealer for the Philips DVD963SA.
I'm told that Philips does not have any Canadian distributors, for this model.
I've found a couple online retailers that are selling this player at a fairly modest price (approx. US$399 or less). Great! However, I'm worried about warranties, etc. Most of the etailers are based out of New York. So, my concern is that if I run into some quality issues with this player (as I hear many have), that i'll be out of luck. Is it worth taking the chance?
Have the problems been ironed out of these players? I've heard about the multi-angle icon problems and the green lines, etc.
Obviously, I'm looking for great audio playback, but these DVD video related problems concern me, especially where I'd have to obtain one over the border.
I guess what I'm asking is, what's the chance of me receiving a DVD963SA on my doorstep, and not experience any technical problems with it?

Jul 24, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 2
I have not had any problems with my unit, and I really can't recall seeing any significant problems with them here on the board. I use mine primarily for audio with amp/headphones, but I have hooked it up to the tv to try out the DVD playback, and I was really impressed with the quality of the picture. I can only speak for myself here, so no problems whatsoever. Just try to find a dealer with a 30-day money back guarantee, that way you should ba able to return it if something is wrong when you receive it. If there are any defects, they should show up right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back