Help on sound signature of Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 600 ohm version
Dec 21, 2014 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JhFi

New Head-Fier
So I've read many posts and generally most saythe Premium versions have more controled bass and the Pro versions are too bass heavy and too bright highs.
But I've also read that the 600ohm Premium version has a very different sound signature from the other ohm versions and so I'm thinking this is probably the same for the 600 ohm Pro version.

Can someone please confirm ?
I'm looking for one and it's proving very hard to find. It's not produced anymore but even on the 2nd hand market you can find a whole bunch of other versions, with the 600ohm premium being much rarer and the 600ohm pro totally absent but they have to exist since I've read some mentions on them.

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 4
I have no experience listening to the DT770s, but I do have the DT990s which I can share my experience with.

Yes, some people do say that there is an improvement with the 600 ohm versions. However, most of them claim that it's only a minor change over the 250 ohm version, while the price difference is usually huge. 

If I were you, I'll head down to the audition both models to decide if the difference is big enough to justify the difference in price.

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 4
I would, trouble is I can't find the 600ohm version anywhere! Even the Madooma guys don't have it anymore, it seems to have been a limited edition.
I think the small extra clamp force of the pro version might compensate a bit of the bass roll of compared to the Premium 600ohm version (that doesn't seem to be produced anymore either...).

The 600ohm versions have nothing to do with the others from what I've read....

I'll be posting a wanted ad on this site for the 600ohm Pro later on, but want to investigate a bit more...

Thanks

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 4
  I would, trouble is I can't find the 600ohm version anywhere! Even the Madooma guys don't have it anymore, it seems to have been a limited edition.
I think the small extra clamp force of the pro version might compensate a bit of the bass roll of compared to the Premium 600ohm version (that doesn't seem to be produced anymore either...).

The 600ohm versions have nothing to do with the others from what I've read....

I'll be posting a wanted ad on this site for the 600ohm Pro later on, but want to investigate a bit more...

Thanks

Personally, I would go with the 250ohm and save some cash. The 250 does have a higher clamping force, but you can always stretch them out using books. Also, the velour pads are really comfortable, and thus the higher clamping force would somewhat be negated. Also, the 600ohm ones would be much harder to drive I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back