Help on PSU for Lisa III
Apr 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

thathertz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys

This is not a question on DIY but I'm hoping I'm reaching a suitable audience here so please bear with me.

I'm from the UK and I've just purchased the Lisa III XP.
I'm looking for a suitable PSU and have read a few stories from
UK buyers who've struggled getting a suitable PSU.

The recommended spec for a Lisa III PSU is ( I believe):

Regulated and linear.
# Output Voltage:24V
# Output Power Max:12W
# Output Current:0.5A

Phil doesn't recommend switch mode PSU's but I've talked to one head-fier
who uses one without a problem (Elpac MW1224 Medical Grade 24v PSU - no longer available in the UK.)

I found this PSU and it seems to fit the bill but is there more to this than
just fulfilling the specs above ?

rswww.com |* 8717000091, MASCOT, 3pin UK regulated AC/DC adaptor5-24V 10W, 363-5104

Your input appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Apr 15, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 11
Linear regulated is what you want. Minimum of 500mA (0.5A), larger is fine.

Check out Farnell as well.

You can probably ask for a DIYer in the Europe region to build you one. It's not that difficult. You can probably get a sigma11 built without much trouble.

Apr 15, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Linear regulated is what you want. Minimum of 500mA (0.5A), larger is fine.

Check out Farnell as well.

You can probably ask for a DIYer in the Europe region to build you one. It's not that difficult. You can probably get a sigma11 built without much trouble.

X2 for S11!

I just build mine in one evening. It's more case work than soldering. The parts were around $100 and it's on the same level or better than original Lisa PSU.

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 for S11!

I just build mine in one evening. It's more case work than soldering. The parts were around $100 and it's on the same level or better than original Lisa PSU.

Sounds very interesting.
Do you have a link to the specs for this PSU?

Cheers
Mike

Feb 20, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #10 of 11
Hi, Im also planning to buy a LISA III XP and at this time I cant afford the LLP. But I read a lot of forums that they have a hard time finding the right PSU for LISA. Im from Philippines and I have frend at US who can hand carry the PSU that will suite the LISA iii. I will truly appreciate it if you can send me sites in US where I can buy the correct PSU for LISA XP.

Thanks,
Joey

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordinario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Im also planning to buy a LISA III XP and at this time I cant afford the LLP. But I read a lot of forums that they have a hard time finding the right PSU for LISA. Im from Philippines and I have frend at US who can hand carry the PSU that will suite the LISA iii. I will truly appreciate it if you can send me sites in US where I can buy the correct PSU for LISA XP.

Thanks,
Joey

still havent got an answer from you of what power you use in the Philippines how many volts, what type of plug???/ you cant just get a PSU from one country and use it in another unless these things are the same. it may work with lisa, but it needs to work for your country's power supply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back