Help on PIoneer HDJ 2000
Apr 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

humanoid

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I usually move around alot and i like listening to music on the go. My Soul SL150 recently broke so i was able to get my hands on a pair of Pioneer HDJ 2000. However the sound is not as loud as id like it to be so i was suggested to get an amp to boost out my sound. I have no experience in the field of making music out of a portable player and onto a DJ headset. I like listening to mix of rap, rock, jazz and RnB. Please dont say get Beats. The sound on that is just plain awful.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 9
No one here is going to tell you to get Beats in most situations, so don't worry. To boost the volume, any amp should be fine. You'll also need a line out cable if you don't already have one. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #3 of 9
Firstly, thanks on the speedy reply. I'll be connecting my headset to a Samsung Galaxy S2 so would the amp do fine on it? Also would i need a preamp or would the amp do just fine? And also, are FIIO the best amps out there for portable players?

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 9
I'm not sure if you could use an amp on the S2 without double amping. (not bypass the internal amp, = no improvements for things like noise), but in your case a simple cheap amp like the E6 and any cable connecting to the amp would be fine. However there isn't going to be much improvements except for volume and maybe bass though (When the headphones are underpowered, the bass frequencies sounds rolled off).

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 9
I agree with Parall3l.
It will be double amping. It'll power your headphones well, but not bypass the internal amp. Preamp is not needed for headphones, it is used mostly with power amps.

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #8 of 9
Check for a line out signal. If not, it cannot be used.

May 1, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back