Help on new portables!
Sep 24, 2005 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys! havent been here for awhile!

well im using A900s now with a CMOY. i got KSC75s, but they kinda died now, and i wnat closed cans because the subway is too noisy for open cans anyways.

could i have some opinions on a STEP UP for these?

i usually listen to HARD rock and heavy metal and VERY heavy stuff along with screaming stuff when im on the train and stuff heh, so i think good sound on heavy guitars and stuff would be good.
i also want the pop/jazz stuff to sound good because of my varied tastes, but i think on the go i listen to rock stuf more.

kinda like...i like dream theater, pink floyd, progressive bhands which have heavy stuff and soft stuff, so yeah. but i guess on the go i listen to really heavy stuf too =-].

so what closef cans should i get?
oh and they should have quite good isolation so i dont need to turn up the volume to take out the noise outside.

thanks!

rob.

p.s. if uhave any recommendations just tell me, sometimes even if they dont really match my specs.

p.p.s. $ wise, more than KSC, but not as much as full sized cans like A900s +

Sep 24, 2005 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 6
btw, i am using a zen touch, if that helps. its kinda bassy-er than ipod and others. a bit muddy if i dont use an amp or eq i think...

how would the d66 eggos be? i love the look a lot...quite pricey...but damn.
but how would they stand? like durability? they look a lil fragile (?) and sony's cant last very long usually.... i want em to be durable!

any recommendations?

Sep 24, 2005 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 6
is the hd 25 SP much lower in terms of SQ?
could we be more specific here please! thanks a lot!

would i need an amp?

i can get the hd25SP for $75 locally. not sure about the hd25 though

any other possibilities?

oh i can get the e2c for 74$ lol!

e2cs or hd25? or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back