help on full size headphones
Mar 6, 2010 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

celtsof67

New Head-Fier
hello all , im looking for new cans ( $150 or £120 is my max ) ive had ultrasones 2500 and didnt like them at all , no bass , i then had goldring ns-1000 and they had no warmth and gave no goosebumps , i then had senn hd 485 they had warmth but the voices were too far in the distance and too muffled for my liking, i like all sorts of music and i would like to try another pair, any advice i would appreciate, i like nice warmth bass and voices nice and clear as if they are playing in the band and not shouting at the back of the hall. i use basic gigajuke hifi and ipod touch with basic e5 amp. (open or closed i dont mind )

Mar 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 8
You want a balanced headphone with a warm and involving sound, especially regarding bass and vocals. Vocals have to be (lifelike) clear and you want eargasms...aha...

Eargasms are not a guarantee with headphones. My special headphone is an oldie and I can't use it too often. There are many options, JVC HA RX700/RX900 could work. Check out the threads, especially the one aimed at new members about buying headphones.

Please specify if you want all round headphones for indoors and outdoors...

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would Recommend get the Grado SR 80i

or the Grado SR60- a headphone meant for serious music lovers at a very nice price.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 8
The SR-80i is just better in all aspects, especially the bass. The SR60 isn't all that good (I have heard it), especially compared to my SR-225 when I had it. All I can remember is that I disliked the SR60 at the time and got the SR-225. Sounds like you want a can with lots of bass, upfront detailed mids and a relatively closed in soundstage. I think many here will have good recommendations for you. Grados are great, but after listening to something like the Ultrasone ALO-780, they seem dull in comparison. These cans aren't for you anyway, as the mids are pushed back a bit because of the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back