help on EAC thanksa!!
Oct 5, 2005 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
ewll yeah, i've ripped many cds and i havent in a while, but i just got my new arch enemy album and i cant get the freedb thing to work!

i press ctrl G (or whatever it is) to find the track name, CD name, and stuff, and a msg pops up that says :
"Warning! All of the data of the actual CD will be deleted ! Do you really want to continue?"

do i ? whats rwrong? i dont wanna delete the files on this CD!!

help !

thanksss

Oct 5, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Lol, you're not going to wipe the CD!

Oct 5, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1031
ewll yeah, i've ripped many cds and i havent in a while, but i just got my new arch enemy album and i cant get the freedb thing to work!

i press ctrl G (or whatever it is) to find the track name, CD name, and stuff, and a msg pops up that says :
"Warning! All of the data of the actual CD will be deleted ! Do you really want to continue?"

do i ? whats rwrong? i dont wanna delete the files on this CD!!

help !

thanksss

Yeah, that message just means you're about to wipe the current track listing. For example on some albums you put in the CD and you get five choices. Sometimes people spell stuff differently or are just plain wrong. So you "control-G" and work your way down the list until you get the track titles that you think are correct. Each time you try a new set, EAC warns you that it's about to overwrite the current set. Hope that makes sense.

To your original problem, you may be the first guy who hit the DB with this record. If nothing comes up when you query the DB, it is now up to you to enter the track titles (correctly
smily_headphones1.gif
and push them to freeDB. Take pride in your work!

I got to be the first to enter track titles on a recent CD I bought, it was a latin american rock band.

Adios,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back