Help on Audio Technica!
Apr 19, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #16 of 21
Hi Ourfshero

So the PRO700 are not good for music? Are they better then normal headphones? Are the bad mids and high really bad? Like can be easily identified?

I'm not a professional music listener, so I don't have uber amps or music player devices. I play out of my computer or my surround sound system. Can I know if the bad sound can be easily identified? Also, are you happy with them? Or recommend the AD700 to me.

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #17 of 21
I think steer clear from the PRO700... apparently they've got bass but not much musicality...

Quote:

Originally Posted by headphones.com.au
The ATH-Pro700 features a durable, closed design ideal for use by DJs. Their visual design is striking and stylish and they feature a hard-hitting sound with strong bass impact. The Pro700 is easy to drive and sounds good even from portable devices.
Featuring a folding construction with swivel cups makes them ideal for live DJing and the carrybag is a nice addition.
These are a poor choice for home users as they are quite uncomfortable, and not suitable for a wide range of applications.

Quote:

Anyway, here is my two cents on the Pro700. I thinks it's a nice headphone, especially for electronica which it was designed for.
The Pro700 has a very pernounced, but a bit flabby and muddy, bass. Highs have what we here call the "honky highs", which most of the closed ATHeadphones exhibits in this price range. Soundstage is nice for a DJ can but sounds very close to the ear.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/aud...eviews-151333/

I'm sure the A/AD 700's will perform better than the PRO700 musically.

Apr 19, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bananaheadlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ourfshero

So the PRO700 are not good for music? Are they better then normal headphones? Are the bad mids and high really bad? Like can be easily identified?

I'm not a professional music listener, so I don't have uber amps or music player devices. I play out of my computer or my surround sound system. Can I know if the bad sound can be easily identified? Also, are you happy with them? Or recommend the AD700 to me.

the pro700 arent bad at all. they are much better than most headphones and blow away anything you can get at best buy/target/etc. they are a high water mark for dj headphones. but they dont compare to audiophile level cans. you lose detail in the upper highs and lowest lows. the ad700 is a better choice for music listening

on a side note-the pro700 gave the best 3d sound i have ever heard when using an x-fi and openal/eax game

Apr 19, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #20 of 21
For the price of the M50, you could snag a AD900.

Get the AD900. It's very versatile. Quick, snappy bass that doesn't overwhelm, and fantastic mids and highs. Great for rap, pop, classical. I'm sure it would outperform the A700, M50, PRO700 any day.

Apr 19, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #21 of 21
I was looking into the AD900, but there are way over my budget. The AD900 are sold for 419 without any discount and the M50 are only sold at 199 versus the ATHPRO700 at 279. Thats why I looked into the A700 too. They are all at around the same price range at amazon.com

Thanks for your opinion though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back