Help! Noise developed in One Channel of Buffalo32s
Jan 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

raif

Headphoneus Supremus
I had a Buffalo32s(v 1.0) that has been working great for years. Recently it developed a low level scratching/static noise in the right channel. This was built for me awhile back by a trusted, experienced builder but he did it as an outright favor to me and I would rather try and address this without bothering him. I have a basic understanding of DIY, having built a few projects in the past.(cmoy level stuff)

Problem Description:
The noise sounds like tape hiss with a intermittent scratchy sounding noise almost like warbling tv static.
The noise is at a constant low level in the right channel.

What I have done:
I checked it in different rooms and different outlets/surge protectors.
I very daintily and completely scientifically "wiggled" all the wires to see if it was a loose/cold solder joint and the noise was unaffected.
I switched placid power supplies on the channels to see if the noise was coming from the power supply or the Buffalo32s board and the noise remained constant in the right channel indicating that it is probably an issue in the board.

Can anyone help? Is that noise indicative of a cold solder joint, a failing capacitor, or maybe an issue with the opamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back