Help Newbie with Chord Mojo and DAP
Nov 20, 2016 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dasadab

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Folks, 
I am trying to get into and understand high quality, portable, listening in a hurry as Black Friday is fast approaching.  
I have a iPhone 6s and a Mojo Chord.  Years past I got into Flac for a home system.  The iPhone and the Mojo sound fantastic.  I have been streaming Spotify Premium at the highest bit rate of 320kbs.  I want to build do a few things:

1.  Download music in a lossless format, Alac or Flac, in order to listen away from wifi.  

2. Rip CDs in a lossless format in order to listen away from wifi. 

I tried messing around with Tidal this morning.  It seems that you can't play Flac files on an iPhone that you download from Tidal, or, if you can it's too complicated for me.  There are apparently restrictions on how the iPhone can work with Tidal.  I love the convenience of using my iPhone with the Mojo, but maybe with Black Friday approaching I should consider buying a DAP to use with the Mojo.  My newbie understanding is that I want a DAP that can bypass it's internal amp and output Bit Perfect (?) signals to the Mojo.  I also want a DAP that has wifi and can download Tidal/Flac and Spotify music to a memory card.  I just want to keep it simple and not too technical.  

I have read that the Mojo is likely to be superior to the DAC/AMP stages of most DAPs.  

How do I get into lossless formats and keep in clean and simple for the portable use of downloaded music?  What should I buy?

Thank you very much. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back