Help! Newbie Looking For IEM Recommendations!
Jun 2, 2015 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Faeyded Wind

New Head-Fier
Hello there! I just registered on this site because I simply love the advice and reviews given, and was hoping that the experience you guys have would be able to help a newbie like myself.

***Before I get to my problem, let me first state that I am so new to the audiophile scene that I don't know much of anything when it comes to earbuds/IEMs in general. So please excuse my idiocy. I hope to fix that using this website to educate myself.***

I have owned a total of 3 different IEMs:

Skullcandy TiTans - My first taste of IEMs. Loved the bass and isolation was okay, but sometimes lacked the clarity I was looking for in some of my music.

HiFi RE-400 - Very good clarity, and isolation was a tiny bit better than the TiTans, but I was devastated over the loss of my beloved bass.

Vedolyne vPulse - Holy crap, basshead magnets. As soon as I combined them with Comply memory foam tips, they became the dream team for my music. However I missed the clarity of the RE-400s.

Now, to my actual problem:

All three of those IEM's above have either broken or shorted out. And I have fallen back to the TiTans because I can get them cheap at Ross for almost $18. However I am looking again, and this time I am looking for something bass heavy for my dubstep, electro, and trap, however it wouldn't sacrifice the clarity too much so I could listen to my other genres such as hard rock. And of course I really want something that would simply isolate myself from the rest of the world. And so far, after looking around, I have come up with these candidates:

SoundMAGIC E10

Sony MDR-XB90EX

HiSoundAudio HW2 Wooduo 2

Fischer Audio Eterna

Vedolyne vPulse (Still on the table)

I am open to any suggestion you guys have for me. Those are just the ones I have found that I thought would work.

So again, I prefer heavy bass, but without the bass bleed or having it distort any vocals/treble or whatever. And I absolutely need good isolation for what I am dealing with.

My budget is around $200 and I live in the U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back