Help needed with M-Audio 2496
May 30, 2006 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

crazy_bob_uk

New Head-Fier
I've just got myself a M-Audio 2496 card for the bargin price of £30 second hand and i have a number questions:

1. I cant get Kernel streaming or asio output in foobar to work (I only got KS working on my audidigy 2). When i try KS it says 'error opening device' and when i click add new on the asio pannel it says:
'An error occoured while querying asio drivers. Please stop ASIO playback and shut down any other software using asio' (the only other software i have that i know uses asio is cubase)
Any advice setting these up?

2. The output is no where near as loud as my other devices pluged into a Nad c320 amp (and my volumes are at max and my output is set to consumer (not -10dBV)).

3. Are they any mods that can be done to the card? (there is a socketed chip) I may just end up using the spdif output with an external DAC.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

May 31, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy_bob_uk
1. I cant get Kernel streaming or asio output in foobar to work (I only got KS working on my audidigy 2). When i try KS it says 'error opening device' and when i click add new on the asio pannel it says:
'An error occoured while querying asio drivers. Please stop ASIO playback and shut down any other software using asio' (the only other software i have that i know uses asio is cubase)
Any advice setting these up?

KS doesn't work. To setup ASIO, go to Preferences/Output/ASIO Virtual Devices and add a virtual device mapping the first device channel in the list to left and the second to right. Follow foobar ASIO help for more info.

Quote:

2. The output is no where near as loud as my other devices pluged into a Nad c320 amp (and my volumes are at max and my output is set to consumer (not -10dBV)).

ASIO is a little bit loader, but check in the delta control panel you have Hardware settings/Output/Consumer checked

May 31, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 6
I was doing exactly as you described, alfie. turns out the error I was getting was caused by cubase (music creation software that uses asio), even though i havent used the program for months.
I too are using the latest drivers and foobar 0.9.
Any idea on the socketed chip or mods for the card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back