Help needed, with Darkvoice amp!
Oct 3, 2007 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

TURBO

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi. I need help from somebody of the Head-fi Chinese community or familiar with the Darkvoice amps.

Couple of days ago, I received my Darkvoice Figaro amp. Well, as soon as I tried to power on the amp, I heard a funny noise from the power switch. Yes, it broke without even use it.

I need help to get a compatible switch. Well, at least very small and thin, since the hole in the front metal plate is very small.

This amp uses the same power switch as the 332 and 336i. The part number on it is: KNX202.

If somebody knows a compatible power switch that I can use?, I would appreciate it.

If somebody from China can get it for me, I would pay for it and the shipping charges. Thank you.

TURBO

Oct 4, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 21
Assuming that the switch is just handling the AC input there's no end to switches that you could use. Try googling the part number to see what you can find out, also, post a picture if you can. I'm sure we can figure out what it is and if not figure out what to use for a replacement.

Oct 4, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 21
It's a toggle switch, but the issue is that the toggle is real skinny, and therefore the slot in the aluminum faceplate is also pretty narrow. I think a suitable replacement could be found though.

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 21
That looks like it could easily be subbed by any number of switches, NKK comes to mind in particular. The have a micro line that is so small I think it'd shock you, have a look at the front panel of the Tomahawk if you want to see a sub-miniature NKK.
wink.gif

So, take the measurements of the hole/slot whatever, the existing toggle and also take a picture of the back of the switch (broken or otherwise) and post them up. I might have some time this weekend to scour my parts bin to see if I have a switch I can send you. I can't promise anything as I don't usually keep any toggles around (don't use 'em much) but if I've got something you're welcome to it. If I don't have anything I'm sure we can find something in DigiKey or Mouser's catalog that'll do the job.

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #8 of 21
Can you snap a quick picture of the back of the switch showing how the wires are attached? I'm guessing that there's only two wires attached to the switch.

Regardless, finding a replacement shouldn't be that hard. I used a very similar switch on my DAC.

medium.jpg

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you snap a quick picture of the back of the switch showing how the wires are attached? I'm guessing that there's only two wires attached to the switch.

Regardless, finding a replacement shouldn't be that hard. I used a very similar switch on my DAC.

Nope. 4 wires are soldered to this switch. 2 coming from the AC jack: 1 (hot, fused), 1 (neutral) and 2 going to the 120v transformer. Switch is in the middle to close/ open the circuit.

Basically, this switch have 6 contacts, when the switch is closed (up), it closes 4 contacts at the same time. Leaving the other two open

Yes, is not difficult to fix it. Problem is to find a switch this skinny.

Thank you.

TURBO

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #10 of 21
Have a look through these specs and see if you can't find something that matches your measurements close enough. A lot of those can be found at Mouser. If you need more help, ask.

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #12 of 21
This may be one case where Radioshack isn't a terrible idea. I know for a fact that they carry similar bat-style switches. If you live anywhere near a store it might be worth just looking to get a sense of scale.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiewalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may be one case where Radioshack isn't a terrible idea. I know for a fact that they carry similar bat-style switches. If you live anywhere near a store it might be worth just looking to get a sense of scale.

Are you referring to Radio Shack Catalog #: 275-636?
wink.gif

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

(it will work fine as long as the "inside panel hole" is 1/4")

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #15 of 21
Hi. Success!. Right now, it is better than stock. I had to mod, glue and re-route some ac wiring.

figaro1.JPG

figaro2.JPG

This amp is supposed to be the 332 / 336i little brother, but I think all the others are the small brothers. Hi, hi..

PS: Darkest sounding tube amp I ever heard, in my life. It sounds great with all headphones including my Grados 225.

Yeah, baby!!. Thank you to all of you and to this great head-fi community.

TURBO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back