Help needed with beta22
May 12, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What difference does balanced vs. unbalanced make? You can still use the 4-pin XLR jack just fine, I use one on my primary headphone amp and it's only a 2-channel design.
wink.gif

Aha, I hadn't thought of that!
smily_headphones1.gif

None of my headphones are terminated for balanced and I doubt anyone would re-terminate to 4-pin XLR just to mitigate this highly unlikely catastrophe, but if one's headphones are already terminated to 4-pin, why the heck not?

May 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iniamyen
After reading this I noticed that Neutrik sells this: Neutrik - Audio - Locking 1/4" Phone Jacks - NJ3FP6C

Would this work for most 1/4" plugs or would you need to get your headphones recabled for the lock to work?

It works with ordinary 1/4" plugs, no recabling is necessary. That said, it only prevents an accidental unplug, not an intentional one, and it doesn't help with the plugging in. What's worse, if you walk away with your headphone on while it's plugged in, you may drag the whole amp onto to the floor...

May 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It works with ordinary 1/4" plugs, no recabling is necessary. That said, it only prevents an accidental unplug, not an intentional one, and it doesn't help with the plugging in. What's worse, if you walk away with your headphone on while it's plugged in, you may drag the whole amp onto to the floor...

...or give yourself severe whiplash
wink.gif

May 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iniamyen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading this I noticed that Neutrik sells this: Neutrik - Audio - Locking 1/4" Phone Jacks - NJ3FP6C

Would this work for most 1/4" plugs or would you need to get your headphones recabled for the lock to work?

Nope that should work without needed a recable. Notice how the end of a 1/4" plug has a big divet in it, that is where it locks it in.

May 17, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #20 of 20
Ok, I've replaced the bad parts and now everything works again
k701smile.gif

It sounds very good with my K701, quite a difference to my Cmoy-like amp. I also tested it with my speakers (Dali Concept 2) and I would say that it is a step forward from my present amp (HK AVR 3000), but I guess my speakers aren't good enough to show all the capabilities of a beta22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back