Help needed with balance headphones and CKIII Amp
Nov 19, 2014 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hughwi

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I havent been around for a while, and recently pulled some of my gear out of storage, and unfortunately, the balanced DT770s and Balanced CKIII Amp that I bought of FallenAngel sometime ago (around 2008 I think) appear to have developed a fault. - The amp is fine on single output mode, but the left channel is considerably quieter than the right channel. - The headphones have also developed a channel imbalance (I have tested the amp with my balanced HD650s, and the DT770s on a different balanced amp).

Is there anyone in the Clapham/Brixton or Shoreditch/Old Street area in London UK that has the skills to take a look at these for me? I would be willing to cover the costs of repairs (if it makes sense).

I wasnt sure where to ask this, so if this is the wrong forum, please let me know.

Thanks

Hugh

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Until you find such a person, check and see if all the connectors are making tight, proper connections (male and female alike) however you can.

Check the inside of the XLR(s) of your DT770 - is there significant oxidation?

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #3 of 4
thanks for the suggestions max, i have checked, and things look OK in terms of connectors....

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 4
anyone else with the skills in the London area willing to have a look for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back