Help needed with a headphone gear setup!!
Sep 12, 2015 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Darthamza

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
This is my first post in Head-Fi and I am really seeking everyone's expertise.

I am currently an expat living (literally) in a desert as part of my job and therefore I am so far from any audio shop or even a city where I can try any gear before buying. Therefore, i have to research as much as possible and ask for help from people with experience. The one gear I was able to try and made up my mind to buy is the hifiman he 1000.

Ok to get to the point, i have saved enough money to buy the full following setup: computer->USB->Schiit Gungnir (multi bit?) -> Better Cable Blue Truth 2 XLR -> Schiit Mjolnir 2 -> Hifiman HE 1000 (xlr). So assuming the Hifiman is a fixed parameter and all the others are variables, would you recommend changing this setup while maintaing the same budget for each component??

Again, i know that the first rule of audiophiles is to test the gear before buying as everyone has their own tastes and preferences, but trust me when i tell you that i am isolated and cannot preview any of the above.

Can I please ask for your advices on this??

Thank you all and looking forward to be part of this awesome community! :)

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 3
You might be interested in reading Romaz's report over at Inner Fidelity.  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/big-sound-2015-roy-romaz-nails-it
HE 1000 was his favorite and you might be interested in his experience trying out many combinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back