HELP NEEDED ON CHOOSING HEADPHONES
Nov 26, 2016 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

OneHappyOrange

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! I'm new here.
I was looking to get some new headphones to move up from the $10 range. I have narrowed down my search to the ATH-M50x and the BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro 32 Ohms. But the dilemma is that I want the portability and looks of the M50x but also the comfort of the DT 770 pro. I don't think the DT 770 would be good to wear outside due to size and not-too-good looks. I will be gaming and listening to music ( hiphop, indie pop, jazz, EDM, etc.). I also want deep bass but not earpounding bass. Also, an amp is not an option right now. I haven't been able to try them out because they are not available in my country.
Thanks!

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 3
I dearly love the DT770 line, and although I have not heard the 32 Ohm version, I can say the size makes them not the best for portability.

The ATH-M50x is alright, but it is not very comfortable to me. If you want something that is highly portable and comfortable, look at the Sennheiser HD 380. The cups go all the way around the ears, unlike the ATH-M50x. They fold flat, don't need an amp, and work for a variety of music. The soundstage is nice and the bass extension is deep without being overpowering. The HD380 is my go-to portable headphone and a major upgrade from the ATH-M50x in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back