Help Needed: JVC SU-DH1 to a Pair of Headphones
Sep 8, 2009 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zynexiatech

New Head-Fier
Right I was wondering if someone out there can offer me some advice, I currently have a Victor JVC SU-DH1 with a pair of Sennheiser HD595's I use this for connection to my xbox 360 for gaming and its amazing.

Now what i really want to do is buy a second pair of headphones so that me and the misses can both watch movies from my PS3 through the SU-DH1 with a set of headphones each. Is this possible and if so how would I do it?

I was thinking PS3 >> SU-DH1 >> Portable Headphone Amp >> Headphone y Splitter >> 2 headphones

does this sound ok what heaphone amp should I use and would the sound still be the same as using 1 pair of headphones.

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Look at my sig. I have a Behringer Powerplay Pro HA4600 (discontinued but newer models available). It works great for my PS3 Movie Setup in my apartment. It has 4 headphone outputs so 4 people can listen. It has separate bass, treble, balance, and output nobs so you can tweak the sound individually between all 4 outputs (I crank mine up loud and with lots of bass, my gf likes hers way more quiet). Sounds surprisingly good for the price with the optical JVC on Dolby Headphone. It's a bit bulky but you can stack your PS3 on top of it if need be. Here is a link to the current model. BEHRINGER: HA4700

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanislaus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look at my sig. I have a Behringer Powerplay Pro HA4600 (discontinued but newer models available). It works great for my PS3 Movie Setup in my apartment. It has 4 headphone outputs so 4 people can listen. It has separate bass, treble, balance, and output nobs so you can tweak the sound individually between all 4 outputs (I crank mine up loud and with lots of bass, my gf likes hers way more quiet). Sounds surprisingly good for the price with the optical JVC on Dolby Headphone. It's a bit bulky but you can stack your PS3 on top of it if need be. Here is a link to the current model. BEHRINGER: HA4700

I have looked at these and wondered really why no one seems to use them as they are cheap looking at them, what inputs does it take? should I say what cable do you out put from the SU-DH1 to the amp?

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 4
Hosa Insert Cable. With a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. The one I have is 3 feet I think. Just a leftover from my recording setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back