Help needed in finalizing my purchase
Mar 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MusicFreak15

New Head-Fier
Hey guys

I decided to buy a pair of new headphones and after lots of research, I came down to two choices- Beyerdynamic DT1350 and Ultrasone HFI-780. Please help me out in deciding which one to buy. Suggestions of closed-back cans in a similar price range are most welcome. Please help me out here
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 6
I bought the Beyerdynamics and am very happy with the purchase. They are great headphones with a neutral sound. If you like bass heavy, these are not for you. If you like balance, they are for you.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 6
Those are quite different headphones. The DT1350 are on ear and are more portable, and to me, they have better clarity and a smoother (not necessarily more neutral) frequency response. The HFI-780 have the larger artificial soundstage that Ultrasones do with more bass impact (although the DT1350s do have some bass emphasis), but I think harsher treble. The Ultrasones seem more isolating, but the DT1350s are good for on ear headphones.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 6
Comfort is a personal thing, and both of those headphones have had comfort issues for some people.

I prefer the SQ of the DT1350 bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back