Help needed - Hosiden DH-61-S
Feb 27, 2008 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mapstec

100+ Head-Fier
Always on the lookout for something out of the ordinary I stumbled across an auction for a Hosiden headphone.

This thing on the supplied photo looked quite stylish and classy and so I outbid everybody else
biggrin.gif

The result is not as good as hoped, the metal casing actually is plastic, the cable has grown stiff and looks as if it has mold on it, but the interest factor still is there:

Here you can see how ugly the cable got:

Right side:

Left side:

and a close-up of the driver:

8 Ohm?

During a very quick test the sound was not horrible, so I am going to clean them up and recable them.

Do any of you know anything about the company, Hosiden?
Any idea as to what kind of driver this is?

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, interesting looking to say the least! Found the website of the company. Welcome to HOSIDEN

Looks like they are more into the components then the actual finished items, but if you look at the audio list, they still make a few pairs of headphones.

Have fun!

Jan 18, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 5
See here, plz.
This page said like that.

A German sound maker called Tescolyzer made the model of these headphones.
Hitachi linked the licensing agreement to Tescolyzer.
Hoshiden was the subcontract maker which produced headphones of Hitachi.

And specs is here.

I saw same designed but different branded headphones like sharp, hitachi, technics, onkyo... and so on.

Apr 25, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 5
Hi, I found a DH-61-S in a fleemarket (Norway) last week ad got it for 5 USD. The design (copying B & O ??) is better than the sound, but I will keep it in my collection. The Japanish information was interesting.

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #5 of 5
i have 

Hosiden Dh-77-S model of headphones. they are also on 8 ohm. that is good for hifi headphones,'couse sound is more faster and better quality than 24 or 32 ohms  for convencional phones. also i will chance the cable , and put fater one, and shorter  ,please replay if you are satisfied with their sound qality ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back