Help needed for newbie, I basso DX150 USB to car possible?
May 2, 2020 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SlipperySquid

New Head-Fier
I've been lurking around these her parts for a while after being a low end hifi enthusiast (because thats all I can afford :D ) for a number of (read lots) years.

I decided to upgrade my aging ipod touch and managed to snag a Hiby R3, great little player but lacking in features.

So got an Ibasso DX150 a week or so ago for a good price and loaded the Lurker00 firmware.

All's well and good, sounds nice with more details and a wider soundstage than the hiby (to my ears anyway).

Today decided to throw it in the car as I drove to the shops, plugged in the usb and nothing but charging. So decided to use the blue tooth, sort of works sound comes through but car controls don't control the player, no album art or track info is displayed on the cars entertainment system.

The Hiby connects flawlessly through the usb in the car, all album art etc displayed.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just something the Ibasso can't do?

I'm thinking about just either getting a Hiby R5 or maybe the Fiio M11 if one comes up in my price range?

I could leave the Hiby in the car but I really don't need two daps.

Any thoughts or pointers greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 2
Well, I've been trying and nothing seems to work over USB but I have got track data and album data etc to be transfered to the car over bluetooth but no album art as of yet.
Using the Neutron player which is the only one that transmits the data over, Lurkers Hiby and native mango player don't transfer the data over bluetooth.

I'll keep going though and see what I can do!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back