HELP NEEDED! DT770 Problem!
Apr 19, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, and it looks nice.

You cannot put the 03 headband on the 05 cans, though, without using scissors to make some careful cuts.

Is it an easy replacement? How much does the '05 headband cost?

Apr 19, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #17 of 23
Yes, it's an easy replacement. Now the bad news: I have no idea how you could get a 05 headband. I do know you cannot get them from Beyer USA.

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 32 Ohm versions of the big Beyers are not efficient enough to be driven unamped.

This is an absurd statement given that the 32 ohm model was designed specifically for this purpose. Let me put the record straight, in terms of pure efficiency, the 32 ohm 770s are easily able to be driven from any headphone jack. I have driven mine from the minijack of a pocket transistor with no problems. So efficiency isn't a problem - whether you want to buy an amp to get an improved sound is another issue entirely.

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #19 of 23
I wouldn't mind to be wrong. Most things I read about the big 32 ohm Beyers had the the tendency of "goal not achieved" in respect of unamped use. Just a nerd thing?

Apr 19, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #20 of 23
I love my 80 ohms as well. If your concerned about playing them out of an ipod, get the 80 ohm version. They sound good unamped out of an ipod, and you can get them in the US and canada easily off ebay.

Apr 19, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #21 of 23
Ended up getting the 80s. Got them for $145 including the 2 year no questions asked replacement policy through GC. Gotta say they are pretty freakin'
basshead.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my 80 ohms as well. If your concerned about playing them out of an ipod, get the 80 ohm version. They sound good unamped out of an ipod, and you can get them in the US and canada easily off ebay.

Has anyone listening to the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro/80s through a portable audio device ever heard the original, now discontinued model of the Sony MDR-7509? Until I'm able to track down a pair, I'm looking at the DT 770 Pro/80 referred to on the [backPID]=68&tx_sbproductdatabase_pi1[showUid][showUID]=223&cHash=5896fb10c7]Beyerdynamic site as DT 770 M

I'm wondering if those Beyers will be about the closest match to the 7509s in terms of a comfortable closed, circumaural design, and something that a portable audio device might be able to drive to levels nearest to what the 7509s were capable of.

I've got an Echo Indigo sound card for my notebook that only puts out 6.3dbm, or about 4.27mw. It powers an old pair of Koss PortaPros sound darned nicely, but I'd like to step up to whatever I can find that would be the best 2nd choice to the 7509s.

Any suggestions beyond the DT 770 Pro/80s?

Thx
TS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back