HELP NEEDED! Deciding on which budget IEM to get.
Jul 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ELCrazy

New Head-Fier
Hello there! I'm new to posting here, but not so new to this forum, having been lurking around this place for quite some time for headphone advice. So forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Okay so, I need some advice. I'm a student looking to get the best IEM for my budget, which is SG$60-90. (US$49-75)

I purchased the Grado SR60i from Jaben a few months back, and I was blown away by its clarity and detail. Unfortunately, as many of you are already aware of, they aren't the best headphones to carry around. I can only listen to them on public transport during long bus rides, and that is if the bus is moderately quiet. Now I'm seeking to find IEMs (within my budget of course) that offer the best most detailed and clearest sound. I'm not an audiophile so I don't know how to describe it properly haha. I don't mind if bass isn't too deep. Clarity is more important for me. I've been through IEMs that had pretty awesome bass but muffled sound.

After some research and recommendations from threads, I've narrowed my search to these products:

Hippo Shroom
SoundMAGIC PL50
Brainwavz M2
Maximo iM-590
Denon AH-C360
Fischer Audio Falcon

I've read rave reviews about the HiFiMan RE0 but it is slightly above my budget, unless if any of you are aware of a reseller that sells it reasonably cheaper. I'm all ears.

Also, if it helps, I listen to a lot of genres. Can't narrow down to what genres I listen to the most, so here's an idea if any of you are interested: http://www.last.fm/user/FluffyUnderwear.

Could any help to select which one would be the best for me? I'm also open to other recommendations. 

Cheers!

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 5
@DannyBai: Thanks! I'll let you know if I'll get it from you. Do you ship worldwide?

Thanks for the replies guys. I found the 'advice' thread so I'll post there for more opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back