[Help needed] ASIO4ALL issue, possible solutions
Dec 2, 2020 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jose Hidalgo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

I have an annoying issue, as ASIO4ALL won't detect any of my Topping E30 USB DACs.

ASIO4ALL.png

This prevents me from finishing my headphone listening station which is as follows :

Audio Signal.png

This issue is being discussed extensively on ASR, here. You can see the things I've already tried, and the possible scenarios (1 to 5).

I'm seeking all kinds of help here :
  • Does any of you know how to reach ASIO4ALL's developer, Michael Tippach? I've already emailed him about a week ago via ASIO4ALL website, but no reply so far :slight_frown:
  • Does any of you have a Topping USB DAC and a Windows PC, so you could check if ASIO4ALL detects it in your case ?
  • ... (see the linked topic for other ways in which you could help)
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi everybody,

I have an annoying issue, as ASIO4ALL won't detect any of my Topping E30 USB DACs.

ASIO4ALL.png

This prevents me from finishing my headphone listening station which is as follows :

Audio Signal.png

This issue is being discussed extensively on ASR, here. You can see the things I've already tried, and the possible scenarios (1 to 5).

I'm seeking all kinds of help here :
  • Does any of you know how to reach ASIO4ALL's developer, Michael Tippach? I've already emailed him about a week ago via ASIO4ALL website, but no reply so far :slight_frown:
  • Does any of you have a Topping USB DAC and a Windows PC, so you could check if ASIO4ALL detects it in your case ?
  • ... (see the linked topic for other ways in which you could help)
Thanks in advance.
Have you tried this using Foobar2000's ASIO component, (ASIO support 2.1.2), instead of ASIO4ALL? Available at https://www.foobar2000.org/components
Don't know if it would work per your diagram, but I've used it with a single DAC successfully, [I could never get ASIO4ALL to work, at all].

Dec 6, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Have you tried this using Foobar2000's ASIO component, (ASIO support 2.1.2), instead of ASIO4ALL? Available at https://www.foobar2000.org/components
Don't know if it would work per your diagram, but I've used it with a single DAC successfully, [I could never get ASIO4ALL to work, at all].
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Actually yes, I have it, but AFAIK it can't aggregate DACs : it can only output to one DAC or the other. It just allows foobar to output in ASIO mode, that's all.
foobar doesn't allow multiple interfaces. Hence ASIO4ALL, which is seen by only one interface by foobar (in the output I just select ASIO4ALL).
So when ASIO4ALL aggregates 2 stereo DACs, it's seen as one 4-channel ASIO interface by foobar, and then I can use the Preferences > Playback > Output > ASIO to manage its channels.

I may be updating to Windows 10 (which is a long process) in a few days and hoping for the best, unless I find an easier solution...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back