Help needed as i'm unsure of what to do
Sep 28, 2016 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

F2theN

New Head-Fier
Hi all i'm a new to this Forums and i need some help as i'm really can't find any help now.

i brought my IEM Shure 535 ltd on 29/10/2014. Within 1 year i had to sent my Shure 535 ltd for 3 times of service as both of the driver broke down and its still within the warranty earlier this year my shure 535 ltd have broken down and i know that my warranty is no longer valid. i'm a student at the moment and i called up shure to get the price of servicing the driver and it cost about S$368 for one side of the IEM. is there anyway i can get help from anyone or anywhere to service the IEM at a affordable price? 
frown.gif

FYI, i have only use my IEM for listening purposes and i don't use it on my laptop for games or over abuse it on my IEM for other purposes.

Help needed as i'm unsure of what to do

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Would be nice to know why they broke down
Either its a factory defect or maybe it happened cause of what you are using it might have caused the problem (blown out cause of more W then it can handle or over excursion).
With that many repairs behind its back I wouldn't think about repairing it cause its highly possible they will be defect again.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the advice buddy yea i was thinking if it too as S$368 is a huge amount and i'm able to get a new iem with that price they given me to service my shure 535ltd. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 5
I showed your question to someone very knowledgeable about BA drivers and they said:

Well it depends... did he break the IEM or clogged damper? If the damper is clogged, he can puncture it with a needle and/or buy replacement filter from mouser.

If he broke the drivers, well there's not much he can do probably.

Seeing he's from Singapore maybe he could visit Jomo Audio and get them tested there?

By the way, do you like to listen to loud bass frequencies with your 535s?

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 5
Mython Yes I do listen to loud bass Frequencies on my 535ltd as the Ltd have a lot more bass as compared to the normal 535 Thanks for the help buddy I'm gonna heed your friend advice to look into Jomo audio :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back