HELP!!! Need to set up a blog or similar, FAST!!!
Sep 25, 2008 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

soozieq

Headphoneus Supremus
The title says it all. I don't have a clue about blogs or how to set one up, but I need to find out to do it, and fast. I don't even know if it's a blog that I need. So if I give you some details, maybe you can chime in with some ideas. I'd really appreciate it. A forum I belong to (non-audio related) is about to be shut down. And we need to set up something simple where we can continue to discuss... umm, what we're discussing
biggrin.gif

The only real criteria is that we need to be able to upload photos, some of them quite large - and to keep the blog private. So is a blog the easiest way to do that, or is there another alternative? Is a blog really really basic, and if so - are there are other less primitive methods we can use? In other words, what's the next step up from a blog? Sorry to be so clueless, and if anyone has any suggestions, please spit them out!

Thank you
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks NoHands

Sadly, I got confused at this section during the setup process.

Remember the 'clueless' bit
confused_face_2.gif

It wants me to enter either the internet address of the forum (how do I know what it is, I haven't even set it up yet!) OR a forum domain.

Where do I get than info from, my isp provider? Thanks!

Sep 25, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 8
ok, i can set it up for you. i need the following info:

Title for the forum: (what you want it to be called)
What time you want it to use : GMT, EST, PST ,etc.
A short description of what its about. that should be enough.

Sep 25, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 8
you could go to 123reg.com and register your desired domain name....or something very similar as most are already taken. once you have this, (it will cost you a small fee), you can enter your details into the forum hosting site.

Sep 25, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 8
nah onform, it wasnt that. It is the name you want to give the forum, they just ask it awkwardly.

Sep 25, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #8 of 8
i think he wants to discuss things though. since its a forum thats getting shut down why not open another one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back