Help:need reliable, durable IE quality headphones!
Dec 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

blazin

New Head-Fier
Hello, this is my first post and have read many posts, many times. I work as an auto painter and I listen to audio all day long, talk/ music split mostly. I listen through my iPhone and have gone through several high end headphones(for me atleast). I recently have been using nuforce ne-7m , and have had to send them back so many times they said they can not afford to warranty myself anymore and were nice enough to refund my money. (great company, great headphones) All my headphones always suffer from one headphone going out and am at my wits end. I have looked at many top end headphones but it seems to me these companies don't put enough thought into beefing up there chords. Durable with a warranty is what I'm looking for and would truley be greatful for any help, thanks!

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't believe you will find a bullet proof pair of earphones. I am assuming you are looking for IEMs vice headphones since you referenced the nuforce ne-7m.

I have had cable issues with Westone earphones, but they are a great company to work with. You get a 2 year warranty on their products if you register them. I also had an out of warranty cable replacement done with them for less than $30.

Edit: we don't need to know about your fisting.

-Pony

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, this is my first post and have fisted many times. I work as an auto painter and I listen to audio all day long, talk/ music split mostly. I listen through my iPhone and have gone through several high end headphones(for me atleast). I recently have been using nuforce ne-7m , and have had to send them back so many times they said they can not afford to warranty myself anymore and were nice enough to refund my money. (great company, great headphones) All my headphones always suffer from one headphone going out and am at my wits end. I have looked at many top end headphones but it seems to me these companies don't put enough thought into beefing up there chords. Durable with a warranty is what I'm looking for and would truley be greatful for any help, thanks!

It sounds like you're removing them improperly. Can you describe that usual process when you take out your IEMs?

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 8
Your best best would be to find an IEM with a replaceable a cable. Unfortunately this is relegated to the higher end models mostly. I think the UE SuperFi 5 has a replaceable cable, but I would double check to make sure the new models still have it. I'm not sure what else does, beyond the TripleFi 10, IE8 and of course virtually all customs have them... but those all come with a significant price tag.

Depending on your price range, you might be able to snag a pair of TripleFi 10s off of eBay for pretty cheap.

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your best best would be to find an IEM with a replaceable a cable. Unfortunately this is relegated to the higher end models mostly. I think the UE SuperFi 5 has a replaceable cable, but I would double check to make sure the new models still have it. I'm not sure what else does, beyond the TripleFi 10, IE8 and of course virtually all customs have them... but those all come with a significant price tag.

Depending on your price range, you might be able to snag a pair of TripleFi 10s off of eBay for pretty cheap.

Do those triplefi 10 have a replaceable chord? I'm using a set of metrofi UE currently that has a microphone for my iPhone but the right side is amost out.

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do those triplefi 10 have a replaceable chord? I'm using a set of metrofi UE currently that has a microphone for my iPhone but the right side is amost out.

Yeah, TF10 has a replaceable cord. Theres also a microphone version (TF10vi)

I think the cheapest earphones with a replaceable cable are the Sleek SA1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back