HELP! Need new IEMs!
Mar 3, 2008 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

frogcat

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

after a much loving session with the e3c's which I got for my birthday, I am really tempted to return them. After several hours of listening to these at 30% volume on my ipod, I got mad headaches.

I am new to the IEM, but I also feel like my headaches are due to my tendency to focus too hard on the sounds. I for the sake of sanity need full BASS. E3c just does not provide it. I tried liking these for their present midrange, but I kept zoning in on the bass notes cause they werent there.

The highs are diminishing now too, and its killing me. Also, I am big on comfortability, as my canals are really small. I have cans, but I need something more portable. I'm feeling some of the UM1 love that's been circulating this forum. Can someone help out a fellow music-phile?

I love all music, but I noticed that most of my music is jazz-influenced...not all jazz, but jazz influenced. In that sense, I need to hear tight, but round bass. I miss the double bass solos that are gone on my e3c's. I need phones that are descriptive with timbre, and soundscaping.

I listen to A LOT of alternative rock as well. Deftones is my main band, which consists of a lot of electronic sounds (distortion, slew, reverb, delay flange). I also listen to trip-hop/down tempo. Anything that makes bjork sound good will make me smile.

Please someone help me choose.

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 3
I had the E3c for a long time and they do lack treble and bass. That being said, I found the SF5 Pro to sound wonderful for me. I have smaller ear canals too, but the SF5 Pro fit fine in them. Depending on your ears and preferences, the SF5 Pro may or may not work out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back