HELP! Need earphone (better than Beats) suggestion!
Jun 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Hum91

New Head-Fier
Hi, as the title says, i'm looking to buy an in-ear earphone.
i previously owned Beats by Dre Tour, and since its broken, i'm trying to find another one.

I'm want comfort, a powerful bass, but at the same time, i also wants clarity.
I want to be able to hear every details when i listen to songs.

can you suggest me what brands and model that suit me most?
any price range will do.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 8
As a previous Beats by Dre Tour "Owner" ( had them for a week ), almost anything is better at the price tag they're marketed at...
Some recommendations :

Ultimate Triple Fi 10
VSONIC GR-07 OR 06
Klipsh S4
TDK EB900
Sony MDR-Ex600

These ones i've personnaly tried

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 8
The ATH-CKM500 could suit you. Link provided below.
If any price range is acceptable, would you consider looking into customs? although the price tag is significantly larger, if comfort and fit are issues they may be a worthwhile choice. Note that if you do decide to purchase customs that after a few years your ears will change shape and you will need to re shell the IEMS.
Happy buying :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607006/the-new-ath-ckm500-the-best-ckm-earphone-yet

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for the reply. :)
i'm interested with the turbine (the pro gold model), Audio-Technica ATH-CKS77, CKM500..
i think im going to try the sound of these first on a local store.

what are you guys think among these 3 earphones i mentioned?
or are there other suggestion?

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #8 of 8
A friend of mine recently "upgraded" from Beats Tours to a pair of Pioneer Basshead SE-CL721 IEMs.  I say "upgraded" because even though he considers them sonically superior to the Tours, they're only $50 USD.

I've heard both his old Tours and his new SE-CL721.  I would say that the Pioneers have 90%-95% of the bass that Tours have, and that the bass is much tighter and less bloated.  I'd also say that the SE-CL721 offers far more clarity with richer mids and better extention into the highs.  The one drawback to the SE-CL721 is that it's just a pair of IEMs - no mic or controls at all.

For me, the SE-CL721's biggest advantage is that its able to handle up to 100mW of input power - making them far more suitable for amplification (CMoy, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back