HELP - Need advice on upgrading my headphones
Oct 26, 2013 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jpalenzuela

Head-Fier
Hello, this is my first thread and hope you help me. The thing is that I have a pair of Sennheiser 280 pros, after over a year of owning them, they do not convince me. Bass sound is not as clear as other headphones i have tested and i have not noticed the difference between 320kbps mp3 and 16bit flac, while with others, i do. I currently use a fiio E6 portable amp.

I am seriously considering to upgrade to a Grado SR80i, have read a lot of good comments about these, except for the build quality, a Sennheiser HD 555 or 558/598. I am also considering uprading the amp to a hifiman EF2A, is this necesary? The main source of the music comes from my Windows PC Desktop, my macbook and my phone (FLAC only). I mostly listen to rock, indie rock, slow rock.

What should I do? I am kind of new in the audiophile world.

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 8
An Asus Xonar DG (PCI) sound card, $26.80 and there is a $10 mail in rebate this month (Amazon).
It a low cost way for driving headphones.
Sennheiser HD558, $130 (Amazon)

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #6 of 8
well if you want to use a better sound card with all of your stuff i would chose a Fiio E17 / E07K they work with all your devices and sound a lot better (atleast the E17 i barely listened to a e07) and if you need more power with the e17 you can buy a E09k you can plug the e17 in it and it drives i believe 600 ohm

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #8 of 8
the senns in comparison with what? the sr80i? if so, I haven't used the grado yet but i really like the hd650 its my first real headphone (after beats 
mad.gif
) they have a warm sound and are very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back