Help: need a new chair
Oct 7, 2007 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Faust2D

Headphoneus Supremus
My computer chair sucks. It's old and dirty and not that comfortable. Well it's OK as a computer chair but is bad as a headphone listening chair. My headphone setup in in my home office, separate from my speaker rig.
blink.gif

What chair would you guy recommend that can function both as a good computer chair (adjustments, lumbar support etc.), but also will be a comfy kickback listening chair? I am not looking to spend lots of money so suggest something reasonable probably around $400.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks!!!

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 11
Honestly, I tried a Herman Miller Mirra, and while it was nice, it was not $600 dollars nice. I seriously think those things are overpriced. I know a lot of people here like Herman Miller chairs, so there's going to be some serious resistance to that comment, but it really was not much better comfort wise than most chairs just over $100 that I've used.

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 11
Faust, I don't remember the exact thread, but I think that there was a thread on just this subject a few months or so. May want to take a look.

There are two stores that sell pretty reasonable yet comfortable chairs - Relax the Back and Healthy Back. I am using a 300 or so Health Back chair and it works just fine.

Even cheaper are the chairs from Staples. Comfortable, but I did not find it durable.

You also may want to find a used office furniture store. Chairs galore.

Good Luck

Barry

Oct 7, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #6 of 11
yeah i need a new chair, something for my posture, my computer chair broke a few weeks back and am using a normal traditional wooden chair, and it hurts.

i am thinking about one of these ergonomic chairs to help it be as comfortable a time as it can be at the VDU

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #8 of 11
i personally like the sealy posterpetic chair i got from staples or officemax (i can't remember which) it was about 200 bucks, but its really comfortable to sit on especially if your at your desk for hours at a time

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 11
I just picked up a Hon Basyx mesh chair. I don't recall the model number and I'm out of town right now (Detroit, MI) otherwise I would check. It has a leather seat, a mesh back, adjustable arms, an adjustable lumbar support, an optional headrest (which I got), and an infinite tilt lock...meaning you can lock the tilt in any position. It's a really comfy chair.

I paid around $325 new from Office Liquidators. It comes with a 5 year warranty.

Just realized I had my receipt in my laptop bag...it's the Basyx VL-701 model with the headrest.

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #10 of 11
That Basyks chair looks terrific. I might check around for prices. Big markup with furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back