Help! Need a new am/fm "walkman" for workouts...
Dec 26, 2001 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
My trusty and beloved Sony somethingorother, that I haven't thought twice about since purchasing eight years ago, finally went on the blink.

I need a replacement pronto for workouts, so I can't "do my homework" with the search function.

Is there a general consensus here on the best AM/FM radio (no CD or cassette player desired) that is:

1. Small and light weight
2. Has big, easily accessible buttons for changing stations
3. Can allow you to easily pre-set at least 10 FM stations
4. Has a good, beefy headphone jack!
5. I have a $150 budget

Headphone quality is not crucial as I already have a good pair of vertical phones. God, I am going to miss that Sony.

TIA.

markl

Dec 26, 2001 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 5
Sangean DT-110 (or Radio Shack branded version) or the Aiwa CR-LD101. There are a few strings on this, within the past month.

Dec 26, 2001 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Does the aiwa have a belt clip, and if so, how tightly does it clip to waistbands (of sweats)? TIA

markl

Dec 26, 2001 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 5
The Aiwa does have a belt clip. But the space between the metal clip and the radio's body, is, IMHO, much too tiny for the thickness of fabric at the waist of sweats. More like shirt pocket, or maybe like a jean's waistband or pocket thickness, at a maximum. But it's so tiny and so light that you could probably figure out some way to clip it to something else you're wearing, or even put it on a nylon web belt. Maybe sew a fabric loop on the waist of the sweats, like a belt loop?

You should know that it has 45 presets, divided among three band-related setups (15 AM, 15 FM-1, and 15 FM-2).

Dec 26, 2001 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 5
Would you be interested in a sony WM-FX615?

Uses gumstick batts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back