HELP! My vibes crapped out on me!
Dec 21, 2007 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DeadlySpoon

100+ Head-Fier
It's been a dreadful few days without music on the go.

My v-moda vibes crapped out on me
frown.gif
Now they sound like I'm listening to them underwater or something...

It's something with the cord, right above the plug... When I fiddle with it, I can get them to sound like they should for a bit, but it sucks.

What can I do? I've had them for less than a year so they should be under warranty still, but I don't have my receipt, so I don't know if that'll work. Could I get them recabled?

In conclusion, HELP!

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 8
I didn't need a receipt for warranty replacement, but that could have changes since then.

but, do yourself a favor and buy something else. The vibes have major design issues that make them prone to breakage.

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 8
Yeah you can try sending it back for warranty fulfillment, but you should probably also consider getting some new IEM's.

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 8
The Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 2's are a great entry level IEM (better then the V-Moda IMHO). The bass goes deep and is really strong (even without EQ). The are extremely solid and relatively small. You will not break these. The cheapest I have found them is on Amazon $49.99.

UE Metro.fi 2

Dec 22, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 8
Contact V-Moda customer service by e-mail. Mine developed a short after about a month and I contacted them. They responded that day and told me to return the phones and sent me the address to send them to and a code. They specifically said it was unnecessary to return any of the original packaging and they didn't ask for a receipt.

I did return the phones by mail and heard from their warranty department immediately upon their receipt of them. Then sales and shipping e-mailed me that my new phones were on the way. They should be here Monday. It was painless. It's worth a try.

Dec 22, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #8 of 8
I wouldn't be surprised if the replacement pair brakes after a short period of time. V-moda's build quality is horrendous, you're better off looking to buy another product. Perhaps metro.fi or mylars, they have better build quality and perhaps will sound much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back