Help my tiny ears ;0(
Feb 2, 2007 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chivalry

100+ Head-Fier
I seem to have a problem... at first i thought i was just unlucky with my choice of headphone but it seems its more than that.. its my unnaturally small ear canals ;0(

Im desperate for a half decent set of in ear noise canceliing headphones... but so far out of the 4 pairs ive bought.. even using the smallest rubbers that comer with them there all still to big to insert into my ear canal!!
The only 1 i can use atm is the sen CX300`s and thats only because they dont go in the canal but tend to sit on the very edge... but they come loose quite easily as a result.. so....

ive tried pulling my ears in all directions trying to maybe open it slightly to get the bud inserted,, but although i can get them in if u push really hard its quite painfull and no way can i wear for any length of time.. :0(

my last ones i bought to try were the Shure E2C phones... same story... even with the smallest foamies fitted..

so can anyone reccomend a good set that have a smaller tube core (the thing the rubbers and foamies slide over) then the general headphone... or is there 1 outthere thats well knows to be smaller fiitting than the rest? and if not.. can anyone suggest anything ?

thanks for any help and advice..
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 4
Ety ER6 or ER6i. Call or email etymotic's customer service after you purchase and explain your situation and they'll send you out a sample pack of their different ear tips. Usually the small double flange or small foam (beige) seem to fit people with small ear canals.

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 4
whats the differnce between the 6 and the 6i please?

Feb 2, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 4
The ER6 was the original ... the ER6i came out as iPods were becoming popular and DAP usage increased. The "i" version is easier to drive and has a bit more bass. The ER6 responds well to amping, but both are fine straight out of the headphone jack.

Both are tiny and isolate very well. My ER6's came with bi-flanges attached -- they burrow very far into the ear and don't pop out, but I found that the seal (and thus the sound) can slip slightly when I move my head (your mileage may vary). I use the small Comply foams (extra expense, but worth it to me ... again, YMMV) with the ER6i and really like the fit, comfort and sound ... I have medium-to-large ears, though. The suggestion to contact Etymotic about fit was a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back