Help! My super.fi 3 cables won't go straight!
Jan 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jh0720

New Head-Fier
I can't even straighten them out! I just picked them up a few days ago at a virgin megastore closing sale for $50. But the cables won't stay straight! Hanging a weight on them might damage the cables, so i just hung them on a clothes hanger I had and had the cables go down straight. This worked and straightened it out, but it's still tangled. Attached is a picture.

6a00d4144e5e046a470109d0787d51000e-pi

HELP!

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
o2smile.gif
o2smile.gif
o2smile.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 5
why the urgency to have them so straight, aslong as they sit in your ears nicely and you can hide the cable whats the problem. ^^ i would not suggest the suggestion above i really wouldnt, bending the cables the opposite way can create kinks in the copper and/or sheathing, i did this with my previous set of se530's and they had a permanent kink in the cable.

my suggestion would be to just use them while you walk around, the stretch the cable gets to reach your mp3 player in your pocket will eventually straighten it out a little, but it will never be perfectly straight.

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 5
a kink will look something like this:
---v---, a simple bend in the cable wont cause any harm but a kink like mine shown here can cut off water supply or fuel etc etc in pipes or cables that delive such substances, however in this case we are talking about signal, its unlikely to cut off signal but may harm signal in extreme cases and its damage you cant usually undo. unless ofcourse you just get a new cable, thats one option if it really does bug you

Jan 1, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Hang and WARM A LITTLE with a hair dryer. Just warm or you'll be starting another thread.

Mooch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back