HELP! My JVC RX900 are warn out! I need a new set
Oct 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

780RACER

New Head-Fier
 I purchased a RX900 out of recommendations read here... about a year ago. Honestly i love them, but my budget has grown bigger and i am looking for a new "latest and greatest" for MAX 120 USD.

I love how i can wear them for literally 8-12 hours and not hurt my head, The sound stage is good (works for me), and the bass is good

I dont like how some music gets... kind of.. distorted (In rock songs with a lot going on at 100% volume, and also in some Dubstep songs i listen to)

Now the twist of this

I have a sony amplifier that i got with a set of sony headphones a while back. Analog 7.1 amp for headphones, the RX's worked great with it. I listen to music a lot, some movies, but mainly i care about Gaming.

I used to play CSGO competitively, and still pick it up from time to time. I need a set that has a great sound stage, and good bass but honestly i want a better full range, which i know i wont get but.. kinda like my RX's but more refined? (so great mids, good highs, and decent bass?)

Anyways, i know i am kind of everywhere in this post, but i tried telling you my likes and what i need in my next set that i will be buying soon. I thank you all for helping me.

Ryan

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 3
I think the Pro 550 is a step up in clarity and soundstaging than the RX900, some gamer guys have used it with good results. 

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 3
pro 550..ultrasone? that's a bit over my price point of 120 (i see 200+ for a set)... But ok, I just want something that's better but i can wear just as long.

I did a bit of reading and it appears the MDR-7506 are a similar story to my JVCs. They are a great budget headphone. But will the perform as well as my RX900?

I mean unless someone can tell me a way to replace/repair the top headband thingy? It is cracking after its use, and im sure im to blame but i cant figure out how to get it off and replace it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back